Sunday, May 25, 2014

DANIELA MILLAN

Sterling Silver Cherry Necklace with
Silver and Copper Wire, Brown Quartz
and Swarovski Crystals
With impressive attractions that include the sacred Basilica de Nuestra Senora de Chiquinquira, and the awe-inspiring wooden buildings of Palafitos, the Venezuelan city Maracaibo offers numerous historical and modern delights.  Venezuela is also home to featured jewelry designer Daniela Millan.

The beautiful yet complex style of crochet wire jewelry has been chosen by such jewelers as Miriam Freitas (Central America), Ruth Baird (New Zealand), and Claudia Lobão (Brazil).

The intertwining of gold, copper or silver wires is a labor-intensive process resulting in ethereal, buoyant jewelry creations.

Millan’s interpretation of twisting metal-toned wires is reminiscent of Brazil’s Golden Grass in its tightly packed, gnarled coils. 

Accents that include semi-precious gemstones like green opal and turquoise and metal charms enliven dangle earrings, and pendant necklaces.  It is a fresh, exotic and lyrical design style.

Based in Mexico, Millan’s entry into the jewelry industry began like many others: during college she made jewelry in her downtime, and her friends became enamored with her trinkets.
14K Gold Filled Ely Bracelet with Silk Threads
and Gold Copper Wire Funxu
In the years to follow she continued to expand on jewelry making techniques and in 2006, while living in New York City, she explored crocheting wire.

“I realized that I could create so many forms using a simple wire.  In 2008, of my pieces, the Media Noche (midnight) allowed me to become one of the finalists in the Swarovski Elements contest,” Millan beams.

“This led me to dig deeper and I took classes of metals and stones at the Nueve25 Plata Estudio in Mexico.  I launched my brand, Daniela Millan Designs, five years ago. 
Crocheted Gold Copper Ellie Earrings with
Coral Stone

My goal was to create unique designs.  I have always had a flair for fantasy when making jewelry. 

I create a tasteful style that highlights the grace and elegance of every woman.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...