Thursday, February 3, 2011

BILL HICKS JEWELLERY DESIGN

The Purnululu National Park, located in Australia, is the site for seeing remarkable sandstone rock formations known as Bungle Bungle.

The sharp cliffs and plateaus of the landscape make for breathtaking scenery. Australia is also home to featured jewelry designer Bill Hicks.

Naturally gifted with artistic talents Hicks was a shoo-in for a career in jewelry design.

Having participated in school art shows, Hicks’ aunt coaxed him into designing for her family’s fine jewelry business where he established a reputation for producing high quality custom jewelry.

From there he nabbed the Head Designer position at two prestigious Australian firms, Michal Jewellers, and David Jones.

His work with diamond jewelry in particular garnered him design awards and inclusion in the DeBeers Carat Club; a union that “helped me to form strong relationships with a number of leading overseas suppliers.”

With more than thirty-five years of finely honed experience under his belt, Hicks decided to set up his own brand Bill Hicks Jewellery Design in 1998; specializing in custom designed engagement rings, bridal jewelry and wedding bands.
“I create pieces that are very specific to my clients,” says Hicks. “I am finding that more and more people want to deal directly with the designer making the final piece a truly collaborative effort.”

Hicks’ classic selections of 18-karat white gold engagement rings, pearl bridal jewelry, citrine earrings, and diamond pendants possess the kind of sophisticated elegance on par with legendary brands Tiffany & Co. (USA) or Cartier (France).

One of my favorite diamond rings is a three-tier white gold engagement ring where the first and third tiers highlight tiny, stud diamonds; and the middle tier holds round and marquise cut diamonds.

His lovely gemstone necklaces, whereby such gems as smoky quartz, lemon citrine and garnet are combined, shows Hick’s propensity for lush color within bold designs. Hicks’ collections also include gorgeous pearl pendants that showcase black Tahitian pearls, South Sea pearls, and Akoya pearls combined with white diamonds or colored gemstones.

“I have always connected well with people. It is all about personalized service,” he says.

“Whether someone is seeking a one-off, hand-crafted piece of jewelry, looking to purchase from our selection of ready-made pieces or wishes to have their own pieces reworked, we will address your specific requirements in a one-on-one consultation.”
_______________
Photo 1 (top right): 18-Karat White Gold 3-Tier Engagement Ring with Round and Marquise Cut Diamonds
Photo 2 (center): Tourmaline and Pearl Necklace
Photo 3 (bottom left): 18-Karat White Gold and Gold Citrine Earrings with Diamonds

4 comments:

Arvind Sharma said...

Great designs. I like the earnings. This is what i was looking for. I ll demand this from my husband. Thanks for share :). Diamond Engagement Rings

Carlotta said...

"I ll demand this from my husband". Ha ha. I like that idea.

Steph said...

He designed my engagement ring with my fiance and I have to say I am soooooo happy with the result. I have since met him, and the gang that work there, and they are the nicest bunch!
I'd love more of the jewellery! Haha

Carlotta said...

@ Steph

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...