Monday, December 8, 2014

SAYA HIBINO

18K Gold Large Wing Necklace
At only 16 years old, Japan’s Akashi Kaikyo Bridge is considered one of Japan’s “finest engineering feats.” 

With a length of nearly 13,000 feet, the structure holds the distinction of being the “world’s longest suspension bridge.” 

Japan is also home to featured jewelry designer Saya Hibino.

I have said before that classic design can be more than just static and one-dimensional. 

Hibino’s fine jewelry collection of 18-karat gold and gemstones is a wonderful visual of delicacy and visual depth. 

Though classic in overall style whether pendant necklaces, rings or drop earrings her jewelry highlights subtle surface textures or beautiful arabesque details.

A graduate of New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology (F.I.T.) Hibino is largely inspired by her hometown of Kyoto, Japan.  The innumerable images and textures of her surroundings effortlessly find their way into her creations.

Turquoise Pinky Rings
“I was born into a family that was in the textile business.  I gained a valuable appreciation for one-of-a-kind creations,” she recalls.  “As a child, I remember being in rooms full of colorfully painted silk fabric.  I remember geishas, tea rooms, and temples.  So I pay close attention to textures and materials. 
Mesh Bracelets

Antique lace is a big inspiration to me.  I love transferring the texture of lace to metal. 

It allows me to create something delicate and strong that complements the natural elegance of the female body.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...