Friday, November 30, 2012

JENNIFER FISHER JEWELRY

14K Gold Bruce, Levi, Tess and Max Charm Sets
Established in the late 19th century New York’s Central Park, located in the borough of Manhattan, attracts a whopping 35 million visitors a year.

Its 843 acres encompasses popular sites like ice-skating rinks, the Central Park Zoo, and the Delacorte amphitheater.  New York is also home to featured jewelry designer Jennifer Fisher.

Fisher’s seven-year-old jewelry brand, Jennifer Fisher Jewelry, is a sophisticated, modern take to the oft times cutesy world of charm and personalized jewelry.

Within Fisher’s astounding assortment of 4,000 charms that include embellished circle shapes, rectangles, skulls and complex crests is a palpable vibe of female strength and edge. 

These qualities, however, do not overwhelm Fisher’s primary motivation: to create a variety of charms, dog tags and initial pendants that can be stylishly combined to represent what a woman “loves.”

After the birth of her first child, the former television and film wardrobe stylist initially sourced materials to create a design for her personal use. 

“I wanted something cool to wear with my son’s, Shane, name on it.  I didn’t want to look like everybody else.  I wanted something that felt heavy and had some grit and edge to it.  So I made a dog tag with my son’s full name on it and put it on a long chain,” recalls the cancer survivor and California native.

“Friends, family members and strangers started asking about it and wanted me to make one for them.  That is how the brand started. 

I wear my necklace every day and I have added some more charms including my son’s first tooth that I made from a mold.  I wanted to create jewelry that signified my own style, incorporated all things I loved and cold be worn all the time.”

The granddaughter of an accomplished silversmith, Fisher’s work is informed by the days she used to watch her grandfather work in his workshop.
Model Wears Various Personalized Jewelry Items
The athletic prowess of California’s skate culture, as seen through the lens of photographer Hugh Holland, also influence Fisher’s sleek designs of gold plated brass and 14- and 18-karat yellow, white and rose gold.

"My teenage years were defined by this grungy-chic type thing, and it all stems back to skate culture.  The Gothic text I incorporate into some of my initial pendants and cuff bracelets were the letters I always saw tattooed on the backs and arms on these guys of the 70s skate culture," she says.

Fisher’s Fawn Collection revives many of Fisher’s glossy gold charms entirely in sterling silver.  “After many requests from customers, I created a fashion-forward and more affordable line of sterling silver jewelry that is both accessible and easy to wear.  

Like the gold collection, the charms are edgy and versatile but with a young and fun appeal and the collection is meant to reflect the individuality of the wearer.”

Since its inception in 2005, Jennifer Fisher Jewelry has gained a strong following of glamorous and stylish clientele.  Jennifer Aniston, Zoe Saldana, Nicole Richie, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna and Emma Stone each own pieces from this chic personalized jewelry line. 

Not only that, in July 2012 Fisher was named one of ten finalists in the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund competition.   Through a partnership with the Fashion Fund, in February 2013 through May of 2013, fashion retailer extraordinaire Nordstrom will open a temporary “pop-up shop” showcasing the designer’s wares.

Sterling Silver Charm Sets from Fawn Collection
“The CFDA is a big deal.  To make it to the top 10 is amazing!  As strange as this sounds it was only recently that I recognized that the art of jewelry craftsmanship was embedded in my DNA, in my subconscious.

I will sit at my desk and sit there for a minute and think what have we not done yet and what direction can we go next that is wearable with anything? 

The feeling I strive to create for my customers is a casual edge. One that will make them feel dressed and polished the moment they put a piece on no matter what they are wearing.”


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...