Wednesday, October 31, 2012

SHERYL JONES DESIGNS

18K Gold  and Black Tahitian Baroque Pearl Necklace
A natural fixture within the concrete landscape of Manhattan, New York is Bryant Park.

Situated along 42nd Street and 6th Avenue its eight acres provide a tranquil setting as a contrast to the busy city streets.  New York is also home to featured jewelry designer Sheryl Jones.

Holding the distinction of being the only African-American woman working in NYC’s Diamond District, Jones proves once again that classic design can be vivid, earthy and coolly sophisticated. 

Bluish-green emerald pebbles; Black Tahitian pearls; purple tanzanite beads; and cognac colored Madeira citrines beautifully offset straightforward outlines of 14- and 18-karat white or yellow gold.

She even incorporates stunning bling in her men’s jewelry line.  Her white and yellow gold cuff links are a great departure from the style of solely precious metal.

The jeweler’s Color Luxe Collection highlights the raw beauty of Baghdad drusy, blue chrysocolla and blue chalcedony concita shell in simple, clear-cut presentations such as strand necklaces.

Clearly precious and semi-precious gemstones provide instant inspiration to the 14-year veteran who first made waves as a publicist in the television industry working for MTV.

“I was always fascinated by the intense power and beauty of fine gemstones.  I wanted to bring the same vitality found in music to a fine jewelry collection,” explains the Cincinnati native.

18K Gold Wave Ring with Magenta
& Yellow Sapphires & Diamonds
“In 1998, after leaving MTV I took a course at the Gemological Institute of America for diamond grading.  I took lots of courses after that and I was determined to find a job. 


I found an opening with a Belgium diamond manufacturer.  I offered to do publicity for him if he would teach me how to sort diamonds. 

He agreed and I apprenticed for him for several years.  In time I was getting a lot of requests for engagement rings, wedding bands and pendants. That was the start of my designing career.  By 2002 I launched Sheryl Jones Designs.”

Though timeless in their outlines Jones’ white gold stacking rings and gemstone necklaces are explorations of diverse color schemes cultivating a sleek marriage of classic and statement making.
Emerald Pebbles and Diamond Drop Earrings

“While my Color Luxe Collection showcases the dynamic power and uniqueness of fine gemstones my other collections—Legacy and Metropolitan—continue that showcase in their own way. My inspiration comes from the stones. It always starts there.”


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...