Monday, October 8, 2012

ALON DILLER

.950 and Sterling Silver Aztec Gargoyle
Pendant Necklace with Calcite, Obsidian and Bronze
Israel’s ancient port city, Caesarea, is a virtual blast into the country’s past with attractions like Herod’s Harbor; the splendid Promontory Palace; and the Amphitheatre that has a breathtaking view of the Mediterranean.  Israel is also the birthplace of featured jewelry designer Alon Diller.

Sometimes classic design can be rather ho-hum and stagnant.  Fortunately, however, many jewelers explore simple form in such a way that brings nuance and dimension to otherwise minimalist outlines.

Based in Mexico, Diller’s crisp and elegant collections of .950 and sterling silver jewelry adhere to fluid, graceful lines.  

Enlisting the lost wax technique Diller brings dynamic flair to dangle earrings, cuff bracelets and gemstone pendants through voluptuous cutout designs; oxidation; hammered or raised surfaces; and melding calcite, obsidian and bronze in a single pendant necklace design.

“I have always been keen on handicrafts, especially jewelry, which I started making when I was a teen.  I have traveled through Africa and America.  

.950 and Sterling Silver Mischief Earrings with Amethyst

I always challenged myself to make different designs with what I found in the different countries I visited such as seeds, gems, bamboo or ceramic,” says the graduate of National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).

With both semblances of hummingbirds and leaves as well as references to the sun, Diller is also influenced by the wonders of nature.  

Semi-precious gemstones like turquoise and chrysocolla interpret blue skies and foliage.  The lithe and graceful assortment of silver and gemstone jewelry designs reflects Diller’s signature panache.

.950 and Sterling Silver Hummingbird Mystique Cuff Bracelet
“I learned about design, drawing, art history, lapidary and engraving when I attended UNAM,” says the thirteen-year veteran.  

“Through jewelry I am able to share what I observe, what I think and what I experience.  I search for beauty and elegance.  I look for a way to leave my personal mark.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...